Take One Leave One – Coordinator (Volunteer)
Take One, Leave One: The Winter Coat Project was created in 2017 with the aim of providing warm winter coats to people experiencing homelessness in Canberra. They are looking for two new coordinators to come on board and work alongside the founding members of the project. This volunteer position is from March – September 2018 and you will be able to pick up the position again in 2019 if you wish to.
What is the role?
Coordinators will work with the founding members/coordinators of the project to organise ‘leave one’ and ‘take one’ sessions.
For ‘leave one’ sessions responsibilities include:
- Organising donation bin locations with relevant organisations (such as liaising with the ANU College of Law)
- Collecting donations frequently from these locations
- Washing and storing donations
For ‘take one’ sessions responsibilities include:
- Liaising with external stakeholders to organise sessions
- Setting up, manning and packing down of the ‘take one’ clothing rack at various locations
- This includes engagement with vulnerable people
- Organising other volunteers to assist you, when needed
- Providing input into all planning activities
- Assisting with maintaining our Facebook page, if needed
- Proactively identify risks, issues and challenges to drive ongoing community engagement
- Working collaboratively as part of the team
Who are you?
To be a successful part of the team, you will ideally have a mix of the following:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Most importantly – you will have a strong passion for social justice
Please send a brief cover letter and your resume to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 17th March 2018