Abundant Water – Communications Volunteer
Abundant Water is a Canberra-based not for profit organisation with its major project in Laos and an emerging project in Nepal.
Abundant Water supports rural communities to gain sustainable access to safe water. By sharing our clay-pot water filter technology with local potters, and educating and training vendors within the community to market and maintain these filters, we empower individuals and communities to produce their own clean water.
Communications Volunteers can be involved in a range of Abundant Water communications tasks under the direction of the relevant officer. This could include writing content for the newsletter and website, assisting with the production of the annual report and other reports, creating and posting content to social media, assisting with the delivery and management of events, and input into the strategic objectives of the communications team.
Communications Volunteers work with and support other members of the communications team including the Communications Director(s), Events Officer, Digital Content Officer, Media and Communications Officers, multimedia specialists and graphic designers. They will also work with other Abundant Water staff and volunteers, including those working on projects overseas.
In this role you will:
• Promote the organisation’s strategic objectives through a variety of communications activities.
• Assist with the development of written content for use across a range of mediums, including newsletters, web stories and the annual report;
• Assist with maintaining the organisation’s social media and web presence;
• Assist in the coordination of events; and
• Provide communications/media advice to other staff and volunteers.
Contact / Apply:
The method of applying can be a CV and a one-page cover letter expressing your interest (i.e. why do they want to join AW). Please send them to email@example.com